Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crafters Make Their Own Spring - Charly's Ink Link March 2011


Winter Pansies

I know that "April showers bring May flowers", but it is only March and I want spring to arrive now!  

Luckily, as crafters we can make our own spring.  If I can't grow pansies outside, I can grow them in my stamping room. With a punch and a couple ink refills, the flowers start to bloom!  

Book me for a private class and I'll show you how to make these pansies yourself. The ink bleed technique is surprising and beautiful, and it is so fun to compare your flowers with others.  They all turn out differently.  

Invite several friends over, serve some appetizers you picked up at the store, and I'll teach you and your friends how to make a garden of paper flowers.  Everyone will go home with two ready-to-use cards, plus a handful of paper flowers to use on your next project. Or wouldn't it be fun to attach them in the corner of your mirror so you can see them every morning?  

Call me now to schedule your private class.  Weekends are filling up and Sale-A-Bration is almost over!  This is the best time of the year to have a Stampin' Up! party, don't miss your chance!


Sale-A-Bration 

The biggest even of the Stampin' Up! year is over at the end of this month.  Don't let this great opportunity for free stamps get away, call me today!  

  *  If you are going to buy any crafting materials at any time this year, buy them now.  When else can you earn free stamps for every $50 you spend?  

  * Book me for a private class or a workshop.  If you and your guests' orders combined reach $300 or more, you'll earn yet more free stamps!  

  * The Starter Kit is a great deal at any time, but right now it's discounted even more.  Enjoy the 20% off demonstrator discount with no strings attached!  

Calendar

Jan. 25 - Mar. 31 SALE-A-BRATION!!
Mar. 17 Spring Scrapbooking sign-up
Mar. 17 6:30: Simply Adorned Bracelet Club
Mar. 26 2:00: Spring Scrapbooking Class
Mar. 27 2:00: Freestyle Stamping Club
Apr. 14: Easter & Mother's Day class sign-up
Apr. 14 6:30: Simply Adorned Bracelet Club
Apr. 23 2:00: Easter & Mother's Day Class
Apr. 24 2:00: Freestyle Stamping Club
May 19 Congrats and Condolences sign-up
May 19 6:30: Simply Adorned Bracelet Club
May 28 2:00: Congrats and Condolences class
May 29 2:00: Freestyle Stamping Club

Simply Adorned Bracelet Club
Make a personalized, totally unique charm bracelet for yourself or for a gift.  Buy one charm each month, or buy the entire bracelet at once, it's up to you.  Order your charms ahead of time, then come to our club meetings to use my supplies and ideas.  What is more fun than friends, crafts, and jewelry?

Freestyle Stamping Club
Come to my Freestyle Stamping Club to give yourself a little crafting time and stamp with friends.  I will provide ink, some stamp sets, basic tools, and I will have paper packs available for $5.00.  Or bring your own materials, any brand.  There is no fee, and everyone is invited!  Please RSVP.   

March - Spring Scrapbooking Class
This month come and make two 8-1/2" x 11"scrapbook pages with a Spring theme, suitable for adding to a scrapbook album or for framing.  I will also show you some digital scrapbooking ideas, and how to turn your scrapbook design into a greeting card.  Class fee will be $10 and will include one of my paper packs.  Please sign up by March 17.  

April - Easter and Mother's Day Class
Come make six pretty and elegant cards which can be used for a variety of occasions - including Easter or Mother's Day.  Class fee will be $15.00, or place a $25 catalog order and the class will be free.  Please sign up by April 14th to reserve your spot.  

May - Congratulations and Condolences
We all need cards for both happy and sad events.  In this class we will make six cards, including wedding cards, new baby cards, and condolences cards.  Please sign up by May 19th so supplies can be prepared.  Class fee will be $15 or a $25 catalog order.  


Spring Scrapbooking Class
Need a scrapbooking boost?  Come to my class and make a two page layout, then take it home and drop in your photos.

We'll be using the Botanical Gazette designer paper, and the distressed technique, to put these pages together.  

Also included in the class is one of my paper packs, which contains enough materials to make 4 more pages in this same style.  

Call me now to reserve your spot!  Class is March 26th at 2:00.  

Color Challenge

If you need a little inspiration this month, try creating a project with these colors: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White.  The colors are bright and springy, just what we need to defeat those winter blues!  

The technique used in this card was the ink bleed technique. All you need is some glossy card stock, a spray bottle of water, Stampin' Up! Classic ink refills, and an Aqua Painter or other paint brush. What stunning results! Call me to order your supplies or to schedule a private class to demonstrate this technique.

Technique Challenge

The technique challenge for this month is to stretch your creativity and make a different kind of project.  If you are a scrapbooker, try making a greeting card.  If you are a card maker, make a scrapbook page.  Or try something else new and make a box or other 3-D object.  Need ideas?  Try Splitcoaststampers.com > Gallery > Anything But A Card.  

Since I am more of a card maker than a scrapbooker, this month I made the little 5"x5" page at left.  I used My Digital Studio and put it together digitally, even more straining my experience.  I used this month's inspiration colors, but I substituted Cajun Craze for Melon Mambo to better suit the photo.  

Next I will be uploading it to MyDigitalStudio.net.  Come check out the site and upload your own digital projects!  If you haven't tried digital scrapbooking you'll have to ask me about it.  It is so fun it's going to be my newest hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment